Just like your leather shoes needing a shine or a re-sole every year or two, your custom sofa or sectional needs a little maintenance to stay looking good for years to come. Here are our best tips for keeping your custom sofa or sectional looking good!
1. Rotate Your Cushions!
- We recommend rotating your cushions with the seasons (4 times per year)
- Don't just rotate them, but flip your cushions as well! All BuildASofa cushions are removable to make maintenance a breeze!
- Rotating your cushions will help keep your sofa from getting odd wear patterns where people always sit.
2. Dust Your Sofa
- If you have a hand vac at the house, these work best! Here is the one we keep around and have had great success with! Hand Vaccum
- Don't have a hand vac? No problem! Dusting your sofa or sectional with a soft bristled brush once or twice a month is perfect.
- Disting your sofa or sectional will keep your sofa looking good and keep the fabric from breaking down early.
3. Keep Your Sofa Free From Pilling
Want to talk more about keeping your custom sofa or sectional looking good for years? Give us a call at 512-454-7632 or send us an email to email@example.comLearn more about our pet and kid friendly fabrics!
- Fibers transferring onto your sofa or sectional from your favorite blanket? No worries, use this fabric shaver to give your sofa or sectional new life! Fabric Shaver
Creating custom furniture doesn't have to complicated or expensive and BuildASofa is here to help! Whether it is a tight space needing smaller pieces to make it work or a HUGE space needing a multiple piece sectional, BuildASofa has you covered.
- Over 45 different styles.
- All styles can be made into a sectional of any size or cofiguration!
- 100 different fabrics and leathers can go on any sectional order!
- Bring us your dimensions and let our in-store designers help maximize your seating space.
- Choose from 6 different leg colors.
- Tons of custom options to choose from to help create your perfect sectional unique for your living space!
- Over 45 different styles.
- All styles come standard in SOFA, CONDO SOFA, LOVE SEAT, CHAIR AND A HALF and CHAIR sizes.
- 100 different fabrics and leather can go on any sofa order!
- Choose from 6 different leg colors.
- Tons of custom option to choose from to help create your perfect sectional unique for your living space!
BuildASofa offers quality, affordable, American made furniture available for local and Nationwide delivery!
Local Austin, TX customers enjoy the luxury of visiting our only showroom in the entire country where you can sit on some of our best sellers, test different cushion densities and see our entire lineup of hundreds of fabrics.
Need design help to best utilize your living space? Our in-store designers have over 25 years of experice designing sofas and sectionals to best fit your home and can't wait to help with your living room furniture project.
At BuildASofa you can add a Sofa Bed to ANY of our sofa or sectional styles and we offer both a standard or COZY mattress as options. Sofa sleepers come in Queen, Full and Twin sizing but your sofa or sectional size will be the deciding factor in which options are available to you. Typicall the Queen sofa sleeper will fit in any full sized sofa!
Many of our styles can be turned into a sleeper with no additional customization charges like the KENSINGTON, CANWICK or TELFORD, but some may need slight adjustments to the front rail to house the sleeper. Models that will need additional customization have 5+ inch legs with a thin front rail.
Do you think a sofa sleeper would be a great addition to your home? Give us a call today to talk with a designer about all the pros and cons to adding a sofa bed and see if it is the right choice for you and your family!
A few pro tips on sofa sleepers:
- Sofa sleepers require your cushions to sit on a mechanism as opposed to springs like a standard sofa so we typically recommend our soft foam option in the seats to offset the feeling of the mechanism.
- If your planning on using your sofa sleeper once or twice a year we recommend just getting a really nice air mattress instead! Much less expensive and it wont affect how your sofa sits!
As city centers become more and more dense, living spaces have trended more to the smaller side of life, but BuildASofa is here to help! Here are our top 5 Apartment sofa and sectional solutions for maximizing seating!
- Convertible Sectionals – Convertible sectionals are great for young professionals who are on the move! With the ability to change the sectional layout by simply switching the cushions around, convertible sectionalsgiveyoutheflexibility you need to be sure your furniture will fit in ANY space you move into.
- Adding An Ottoman – Don’t have enough room for a sectional but still want the benefits? Think about adding an ottoman to your order! Ottomans can notonly can be used for kicking your feet up after a long day, but with our flip top and storage options they can double as a coffee table and storage space for remotes and blankets. Additionally, ottomans make for an additional seating space when you have friends or family over to watch the big game or season finally of Girls J
- Track Arm Models – A great way to maximize your seating space in a small apartment or condo is by choosing a model with a narrow track arm. This will give you more seating space than something with a rolled arm while still giving you great design! Check out our MAXWELL, PRESTON or BURTON models for this look!
- Small Sectionals – All of our sectionals come in Small, Medium or Large because we know that one shoe doesn’t fit all! Many of our small sectional layouts can still fit up to 5 people comfortably while not taking up the entire living room.
- Add A Sofa Bed – Almost any style from BuildASofa can have a sofa bed added to it for those of us without a second bedroom! We suggest going with softcushions when adding a sofa bedforadded comfort.
Have a unique living environment that needs a custom sofa or sectional? Give us a call in the showroom, send us an email or if your in Austin come see us on Burnet Rd. right across the street from Torchy’s Tacos! We can’t wait to getstarted on your new custom sofa or sectional.
Looking for a quality, made in America, leather sofa or sectional? BuildASofa is the answer for you!
Any sofa or sectional from BuildASofa can be made in 20 different top grain leathers in a range of colors. Check out our leather selection here to see what we offer - You can even request free swatches be sent to your home so you can see them in person before ordering!
Not sure leather is right for you? Here are a few pros and cons for leather sofas and sectionals
- Leather is one of the most durable materials you can use for your sofa or sectional and is a breeze to clean!
- Did we mention leather is super easy to clean? It is!
- Leather only gets better with time.... Over time your leather will develop a beautiful patina unique to the way you use your custom sofa or sectional!
- Leather costs 2x what upholstery does.
- Leather is a natural fiber that can be hot in the summer time and cold in the winter.
- Cushions can not be flipped due to breath strips on the bottom of the
Every living space is different, but hopefully this will help is choosing material for you new sofa or sectional!
There are many custom options at BuildASofa that are available FREE of charge and many of these changes can give your sofa or sectional a completely new look!
One of the most common changes we make to our sofas and sectionals is removing details like welting (or piping as some may call it), tufting and stitching from the cushions which can creat a crisp clean look for your sofa or sectional. Here is a photo of our Maxwell Sectional shown with the standard tufting and stitching that comes on the seat and back cushions and below it is the same style sectional shown without any of the tufting and buttons! No additional cost to you, but a whole new look you never thought possible :)
Another change you can make at BuildASofa FREE of charge is how your cushions are laid out. 3 over 1, 2 over 2, 3 over 3.... You name it and we will make it happen! Want to learn more about bench cushions VS. traditional? Check out this blog post.
You are also able to select from 6 leg colors and hundreds of fabrics to make your sofa or sectional uniquely yours!
Want to learn more about all of the customization option availabe from BuildASofa? Head over to the LEARN section for more!
Need a fabric that is extra durable to help fight spills from the kids and mud from the pets? Loon no further than our incredible lineup of Crypton fabrics available on ANY BuildASofa sofa or sectional!
What good is a beautiful living room if you’re too worried about spills and stains to really enjoy your space? From markers to wine spills, Crypton Home Fabric’s proven performance technology gives your home both style and functionality. Soft, durable, and resistant to both stains and odors, Crypton Home Fabric is available in a wide array of textures and vibrant colors. And Crypton’s breakthrough performance technology is built into every fiber, so it won’t ever wear away. Spills and stains are easy to clean, and odors don’t cling. Backed by Crypton’s 20+ years of expertise in performance textiles, products made with Crypton Home upholstery fabric stay beautiful, last longer, and give you the freedom to enjoy life. Spend time making memories, not cleaning up after them.
- Built-in stain repellency and soil release make cleaning easy
- Built-in odor resistance keeps fabrics fresh
- Enhanced abrasion resistance
- Proud to be processed in the U.S.A.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
To learn more about our Crypton fabric head over to the CUSTOM page on the site and be sure to let us know you are interested in Crypton in the notes!
Here at BuildASofa.com we do things a little different, but that’s what makes us your go to shop for custom sofas and sectionals!
The BuildASofa Difference:
- All products are hand made in the USA!
- All styles can be made into a sofa or sectional in any size or configuration!
- Most orders can be completed and delivered in about 4 weeks!
- Great customer service. We may have Nationwide reach, but we are still a small company at heart and treat all of our customers that way!
Check out what customers from all across the country are saying about BuildASofa on Google :) We have built out business on customer service and believe that is what will continue to set us apart from the pack.
Oursales staff is on call 7 days a week to make sure all of your custom sofa or sectional questions are answered quick.
This is one of the most frequently asked questions we get at BuildASofa, and our clients are always pleasantly surprised when we give them pricing for a custom sofa or sectional!
Thanks to our streamlined sales and production processes BuildASofa is able to offer custom sofas and sectionals at a fraction of the cost at big box stores, and being that we produce all of our products right here in the USA we are also able to offer very short lead times on custom sofas and sectionals. Most orders ship in just 2-3 weeks and are in your home in 3-5!!
Here is a quick break down on pricing for some of our best selling sectional configurations to give you an idea of what your custom sofa or sectional might cost.
Classic L Shaped sectionals start at $2990
U Shaped sectionals start at $4585
Single Sofas are $1595
Pricing listed above includes sales tax AND threshold delivery anywhere in the country!
Give us a call today and let us provide a FREE quote for your custom sofa or sectional!